admin login - password?
Paul Stewart
2006-11-17 19:39:45 UTC
Hi there..

I finally got Zenoss running but cannot login... when checking the
documentation it references admin/zenoss as the default however that doesn't
work...

What is the default username/password? When it installed (RPM) it asked for
a username/password if I recall and i tried that as well...

Long story short.. is there a way to reset the password??

thanks,

Paul
Duncan McGreggor
2006-11-17 19:45:04 UTC
Post by Paul Stewart
Long story short.. is there a way to reset the password??
Sure thing -- run zpasswd.py. Usage like this should do the trick:

zpasswd.py -u admin -p newpass /usr/local/zenoss/inituser

Then be sure to restart zope (zopectl restart). Sometimes zope
doesn't restart, so if you can't login, kill zope manually and then
start it up again.

Paul Stewart
2006-11-17 19:51:26 UTC
Thanks! I tried that just now and still now luck.... is this an IE thing by
chance because that's the only web browser I have loaded at the moment?

It ran just fine and I even rebooted the server just to make sure ... but
still the username/password doesn't work... my installation is in
/opt/zenoss and I changed that in your example...

All the best,

Paul

Duncan McGreggor
2006-11-17 20:02:10 UTC
Post by Paul Stewart
Thanks! I tried that just now and still now luck.... is this an IE thing by
chance because that's the only web browser I have loaded at the moment?
It ran just fine and I even rebooted the server just to make
sure ... but
still the username/password doesn't work... my installation is in
/opt/zenoss and I changed that in your example...
Do this:

1) re-run zpasswd.py
2) check /opt/zenoss and make sure the inituser file is there
3) check the PID of zope
4) restart zope
5) check the PID of zope again and make sure that it's not the same
as in step #3
6) check to make sure that /opt/zenoss/inituser not longer exists
7) attempt login

If an 'inituser' file exists in ZENHOME, zope sucks the new user/pass
info in and then deletes the file. If the file is still there, then
we know at least there is a problem getting the data into zope.

Paul Stewart
2006-11-17 20:06:57 UTC
Thanks... that's the exact process of what was happening....

you'll see in my recent post I just sent that there is no sql database
existing... weird as I'm sure I entered everything fine during the RPM
install (perhaps not)..;)

Paul

Paul Stewart
2006-11-17 21:58:15 UTC
Just a followup..

I switched to Firefox and can login!! I'm still lacking a MySQL database
though for some reason...

I think the developers should update the site to say "DO NOT USE IE!" ;)

Take care,

Paul