Buffering alerts, so that we receive one email alert per minute maximum
agarcia
2013-04-01 18:22:01 UTC
agarcia [http://community.zenoss.org/people/agarcia] created the discussion

"Re: Buffering alerts, so that we receive one email alert per minute maximum"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/72661#72661

I have been looking for a way to solve this issue for a while. Your solution sounds good, but I am having trouble understanding the part where is says

"there is an extra clause that says 'where the number of events above is less than X' and the override one kicks in when the number of events is greater than X, but in that case it groups by component"

I know that this is an old thread, but I have not been able to find a solution to this anywhere. If anyone can help clarify this, I would appreciate this. It seems this user is decribing an alerting rule that can be applied to a group of events rather than an individual event. How would you do this?