Zenhub stops after reboot on a clean fresh installation
Peter Ischovits
2012-09-16 20:38:10 UTC
Peter Ischovits [http://community.zenoss.org/people/djproject] created the discussion

"Zenhub stops after reboot on a clean fresh installation"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/68604#68604

Hello!

I will use Zenoss, but now it doesn't work anymore. I've downloaded Zenoss 4.2 and converted the .vmdk to version for ESX (for a ESXi 5)  with vmware-vdiskmanager.

So the last situation is:

I start the brand new Zenoss VM (only vhdd converted) and everything works fine. I reboot now and Zenhub won't start anymore. So after this I can't finish the "First Step" - procedure and Zenoss won't work.

So what can I do??

A few days ago I thought the reason for this failure ist changing the keyboard layout or changing from dhcp to the static network ip or changing the timezone, but nothing.

Only starting the fresh VM, then rebooting and Zenhub is dead.

Why?

Best regards, Peter

edu edu
2012-09-17 09:27:22 UTC
edu edu [http://community.zenoss.org/people/edutori] created the discussion

"Re: Zenhub stops after reboot on a clean fresh installation"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/68590#68590

I have the same problem. I posted some days ago. I installed 4.2 by using the script. I was able to run the  zenoss and started modelling devices. After a couple of days the zenhub stopped and no way to put it up again. I have read a lot in forums, documentation, ... May someone try to put some light over here?

regards

edu edu
2012-09-19 14:24:31 UTC
edu edu [http://community.zenoss.org/people/edutori] created the discussion

"Re: Zenhub stops after reboot on a clean fresh installation"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/68650#68650

I have solved in my own. I installed again from scratch as I discovered my problem was to remove the mysql.sock inside /tmp. So zenhub was unable to connect the MySQL as there was not connector to the localhost (Zenoss).

Regards