Strange Event Message - set attribute 'type' to 'ethernetCsmacd_64' on object 'Unit_ 1 Slot_ 0 Port_ 18 Gigabit - Level'
Keith Howlette
2011-10-20 10:30:46 UTC
Keith Howlette [http://community.zenoss.org/people/khowlette] created the discussion

"Strange Event Message - set attribute 'type' to 'ethernetCsmacd_64' on object 'Unit_ 1 Slot_ 0 Port_ 18 Gigabit - Level'"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/62027#62027

Hi

I have several NetGear 7224 Gigabit switches and on one switch I have this  message several time  like this *"set attribute 'type' to 'ethernetCsmacd_64' on object'Unit_ 1 Slot_ 0 Port_ 18 Gigabit - Level'"*
I don't use SNMP to set anything I'm just reading from it with public readonly community string.

Does anyone know whay this is.  I've tried googling it but nothing seem to come up.  Should I be worried about it

Attache is a screen shot

Keith

2011-10-20 12:28:57 UTC

"Re: Strange Event Message - set attribute 'type' to 'ethernetCsmacd_64' on object 'Unit_ 1 Slot_ 0 Port_ 18 Gigabit - Level'"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/62028#62028

I wouldn't worry much. It's an info notice that the modeler noticed a change in the switch and updated the Zenoss information...

Information Technology Area Supervisor

Keith Howlette
2011-10-20 12:33:27 UTC
Keith Howlette [http://community.zenoss.org/people/khowlette] created the discussion

"Re: Strange Event Message - set attribute 'type' to 'ethernetCsmacd_64' on object 'Unit_ 1 Slot_ 0 Port_ 18 Gigabit - Level'"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/62029#62029

Thanks James for the quick responses

Keith