Creating an average line in zenoss graphs
Nathan Harris
2012-01-06 10:18:34 UTC
Nathan Harris [http://community.zenoss.org/people/nathan.harris] created the discussion

"Creating an average line in zenoss graphs"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/63568#63568

Hello

I would like to get an average line included on my graphs, we are logging IOPs on some SQL servers using WMI.

SELECT DiskReadsPerSec,DiskWritesPerSec FROM Win32_PerfRawData_PerfDisk_PhysicalDisk WHERE Name="_Total"

We then use Zenoss to graph this over the day, but what I actually need is the average over the day, I am sure if I understood Python it would be straightforward enough.

You could then show an average over a week, month year and so on which would be very useful not just in our case but for evryone, hope someone can help...

cheers

Nathan

Nathan Harris
2012-01-06 16:22:16 UTC
Nathan Harris [http://community.zenoss.org/people/nathan.harris] created the discussion

"Re: Creating an average line in zenoss graphs"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/63581#63581

ok I have done some digging the last few hours and this seems to work for me

add a custom graph and paste following in

-F
-E
--height=100
--vertical-label=
DEF:DiskReadsPerSec-raw=/opt/zenoss/perf/Devices/xndata/DISCIOPS_DiskReadsPerSec.rrd:ds0:AVERAGE
DEF:DiskReadsPerSec-raw-max=/opt/zenoss/perf/Devices/xndata/DISCIOPS_DiskReadsPerSec.rrd:ds0:MAX
CDEF:DiskReadsPerSec=DiskReadsPerSec-raw
VDEF:Avg=DiskReadsPerSec,AVERAGE
AREA:DiskReadsPerSec-raw#EE0000ff:DiskReadsPerSec
GPRINT:DiskReadsPerSec-raw:LAST:cur\:%5.2lf%s
GPRINT:DiskReadsPerSec-raw:AVERAGE:avg\:%5.2lf%s
GPRINT:DiskReadsPerSec-raw-max:MAX:max\:%5.2lf%s\j
DEF:DiskWritesPerSec-raw=/opt/zenoss/perf/Devices/xndata/DISCIOPS_DiskWritesPerSec.rrd:ds0:AVERAGE
DEF:DiskWritesPerSec-raw-max=/opt/zenoss/perf/Devices/xndata/DISCIOPS_DiskWritesPerSec.rrd:ds0:MAX
CDEF:DiskWritesPerSec=DiskWritesPerSec-raw
VDEF:Avg1=DiskWritesPerSec,AVERAGE
AREA:DiskWritesPerSec-raw#7CFC0099:DiskWritesPerSec
GPRINT:DiskWritesPerSec-raw:LAST:cur\:%5.2lf%s
GPRINT:DiskWritesPerSec-raw:AVERAGE:avg\:%5.2lf%s
GPRINT:DiskWritesPerSec-raw-max:MAX:max\:%5.2lf%s\j
LINE1:Avg#0000ff:"Average R IOPs"
LINE2:Avg1#00ff00:"Average W IOPs"

I added these lines for my average over time

VDEF:Avg=DiskReadsPerSec,AVERAGE
VDEF:Avg1=DiskWritesPerSec,AVERAGE
LINE1:Avg#0000ff:"Average R IOPs"
LINE2:Avg1#00ff00:"Average W IOPs"

only issue I have now is how do I specify a device %device% in the script ie?

DEF:DiskReadsPerSec-raw=/opt/zenoss/perf/Devices/*xndata*/DISCIOPS_DiskReadsPerSec.rrd:ds0:AVERAG

any idea how I specify the server automatically :)

Nathan Harris
2012-01-09 10:08:05 UTC
Nathan Harris [http://community.zenoss.org/people/nathan.harris] created the discussion

"Re: Creating an average line in zenoss graphs"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/63607#63607

its very quiet on the forum at the minute can no one give a hand with this one? :|