custom ip services
aru mon
2013-04-30 14:40:38 UTC
aru mon [http://community.zenoss.org/people/arumon] created the discussion

"custom ip services"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/73032#73032

I was planning ot add my tomcat instance running on port number 8080. I created a new service called "tomcat" and configured the port number 8080 for monitoring. then i went to the home page of the server on zenoss and added the ip service for monitoring. i selected the "tomcat" and it got added as "httpd-alt".
I saw the "httpd-alt" ip service is also configured to monitor on port number 8080. It is working fine and showed the service is up on ethe "IP Services" tab. But on the servers home page the "ip services" navigation it is not showing the listening ip. Also when i shutdown the tomcat maually on the server, i can see the service status chaged to down. but when i brought the tomcat up zenoss is not picking the up status back.

Also the ip services performance graphs area shows "No graphs".
Please help.

Regards,
Arumon