MS-SQL 2008 Monitoring On Zenoss
arshadkhan20
2012-10-12 12:39:14 UTC
arshadkhan20 [http://community.zenoss.org/people/arshadkhan20] created the discussion

"MS-SQL 2008 Monitoring On Zenoss"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69064#69064

We have Ubuntu 12 LTS with Zenoss core 3.1 and we need to monitor MS-SQL 2008 on zenoss core.
As i download mention below zenpacks on same order as mention below.

ADVANCED DEVICE DETAILS
RDBMS MONITORING
SQL DATA SOURCE
MS SQL DATABASE MONITOR

I have download freedts with command (*apt-get install freetds-bin tdsodbc*) and create a file *~/.freetds.conf* on root with the following contents

*[SQLSERVER]*
*host = IP Address*
*instance =*
*tds version = 8.0*

then for configure the unixODBC Driver create a file named *tds.driver.template* with below configuration

*[FreeTDS]*
*Description     = TDS driver (Sybase/MS SQL)*
*Driver     = libtdsodbc.so*
*Setup     = libtdsS.so*

and run command

root@# *odbcinst -i -d -f tds.driver.template*
odbcinst: Driver installed. Usage count increased to 1.
    Target directory is /etc

its create odbcinst.ini file on /etc

root@##cat /etc/odbcinst.ini
[FreeTDS]
Description                    = TDS driver (Sybase/MS SQL)
Driver                    = libtdsodbc.so
Setup                    = libtdsS.so
CPTimeout                    =
CPReuse                    =
UsageCount                    = 1

Kindly corrent if i did some mistake and tell me what i do next for MS SQL 2008 monitoring traffic on zenoss core server.

Regards,
Arshad Ahmed