Zenoss 4.2 anything but stable?
Chris Riley
2012-11-12 21:10:57 UTC
Chris Riley [http://community.zenoss.org/people/chris.riley] created the discussion

"Zenoss 4.2 anything but stable?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69839#69839

Hello,

I'm really frustrated here. I have a large SolarWinds enviroment that I'd like to move to Zenoss. To put Zenoss through it's paces we moved a little over 100 devices consisting of network equipment and servers (physical, vmware and rhev). Despite a few UI bugs and odd behavior (like job completetion pop ups that never end) things were going really well. If this test was successful we would be moving to the Enterprise edition. However, after a restart of zenoss today we now receive the following message and no one can log in.

*Type: <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>*
*Value: 1352753820*
Traceback (most recent call last): File "/opt/zenoss/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py", line 126, in publish request, bind=1) File "/opt/zenoss/lib/python/ZPublisher/mapply.py", line 77, in mapply if debug is not None: return debug(object,args,context) File "/opt/zenoss/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py", line 46, in call_object result=apply(object,args) # Type s<cr> to step into published object. File "/opt/zenoss/Products/ZenUtils/patches/pasmonkey.py", line 137, in login pas_instance.updateCredentials(request, response, login, password) File "/opt/zenoss/lib/python/Products/PluggableAuthService/PluggableAuthService.py", line 1100, in updateCredentials updater.updateCredentials(request, response, login, new_password) File "/opt/zenoss/lib/python/Products/PluggableAuthService/plugins/SessionAuthHelper.py", line 102, in updateCredentials request.SESSION.set('__ac_name', login) File "/opt/zenoss/lib/python/ZPublisher/HTTPRequest.py", line 1379, in __getattr__ v = self.get(key, default, returnTaints=returnTaints) File "/opt/zenoss/lib/python/ZPublisher/HTTPRequest.py", line 1336, in get v = v() File "/opt/zenoss/lib/python/Products/Sessions/SessionDataManager.py", line 101, in getSessionData return self._getSessionDataObject(key) File "/opt/zenoss/lib/python/Products/Sessions/SessionDataManager.py", line 188, in _getSessionDataObject ob = container.new_or_existing(key) File "/opt/zenoss/lib/python/Products/Transience/Transience.py", line 842, in new_or_existing self[key] = item File "/opt/zenoss/lib/python/Products/Transience/Transience.py", line 454, in __setitem__ current_bucket = self._data[current_ts] KeyError: 1352753820

dpetzel
2012-11-13 03:24:07 UTC
dpetzel [http://community.zenoss.org/people/dpetzel] created the discussion

"Re: Zenoss 4.2 anything but stable?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69868#69868

Any recent zenpack installations that line up with the restart? If your really serious about enterprise, maybe contacting Zenoss sales, might get you some special attention on the issue

The couple of other (unanswered) posts seem to be tied back to zenpack installations

I did find one bug report in Jira about the posible of the time being wrong and/or changed. Was the time recently changed (or is it currently wrong) on this host?

hydruid
2012-11-14 03:29:55 UTC
hydruid [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hydruid] created the discussion

"Re: Zenoss 4.2 anything but stable?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69887#69887

It also wouldn't hurt to check a lot of the small things.

Disk space, mysql passwords, and http://community.zenoss.org/docs/DOC-8496 permissions

Ryan Matte
2012-11-22 23:49:47 UTC
Ryan Matte [http://community.zenoss.org/people/rmatte] created the discussion

"Re: Zenoss 4.2 anything but stable?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/70118#70118

The last time I saw an error like this it was because there was a major change in the date/time on the server (it was moved in to the past).  Zope doesn't seem to like it when a date/time is active that it has already seen.  Also, just as a testament, I'm using Core 4 to monitor over 2100 devices and it's working fine.  It took a lot of tweaking/tuning to squeeze the performance out of it that I needed and I had to throw quite a bit of RAM at it (26GB), but it's working well.

Shane Scott
2012-11-29 20:28:19 UTC
Shane Scott [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hackman238] created the discussion

"Re: Zenoss 4.2 anything but stable?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/70261#70261

Chris:

On the zen master, su zenoss then zendmd.

Execute:
zport.acl_users._delObject('sessionAuthHelper')
app.acl_users._delObject('sessionAuthHelper')

commit()

Then exit zendmd and zopectl restart. Give it a try then.

Best,
--Shane Scott (Hackman238)

kenhen93
2014-01-28 11:44:04 UTC
kenhen93 [http://community.zenoss.org/people/kenhen93] created the discussion

"Re: Zenoss 4.2 anything but stable?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/75657#75657

Shane, This worked for me! Thank you!

We just had to move our zenoss server from one rack to another which took around 1.5 hours in which it was down. When Zenoss finally came up, I had a keyerror that would not event let me login. This fixed it.