Graph IP Services
Stefan Reinke
2012-02-06 09:04:28 UTC
Stefan Reinke [http://community.zenoss.org/people/Stefan] created the discussion

"Graph IP Services"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/64267#64267

Does anybody know of a way to graph IP services, someone suggested I use scripting, but I want to know if there are any other ways.

For instance, I have a tcp service on port 2000 that is open and is showing online. So the graph must be 1, now when the device goes down the port will also be closed and thus the graph must write 0. So basicly what I want is that the graph must show a straight line if the device is up and when it is down it must dip.And when it comes back online the line must go up again.

Example:

UP:     ------    ------
Down:       |__|

Thanks!

P.S Ignore the smiley :p

dpetzel
2012-02-06 23:55:44 UTC
dpetzel [http://community.zenoss.org/people/dpetzel] created the discussion

"Re: Graph IP Services"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/64308#64308

I can't think of any existing solution this, although I'd be suprised if there is not one. I'm at a loss for how to do this without a custom command script however.

If your not dead set on it being an IPService, depending on what that actual service is there might be a ZenPack that accomplish a similar goal. As an example, if the the service on port 2000 is actually serving HTTP requests, you might be able to leverage the HTTP DataSource to get you very similar data albeit maybe not 1's and 0's. I suspect your not talking about HTTP here, but just wanted to provide that as a simple example.

Stefan Reinke
2012-02-07 06:40:35 UTC
Stefan Reinke [http://community.zenoss.org/people/Stefan] created the discussion

"Re: Graph IP Services"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/64316#64316

That port is there for logon purposes, so it is used for telnet. It is the only thing I may/can use to monitor this device, and I have looked everywhere for a solution to this, even through a lot of the zenpacks. Maybe I missed a zenpack that you know of, that will be capable to do this ?

It doesn't even have to be 1's or 0's just anything so that I can graph when the device is down or not.

dpetzel
2012-02-08 05:26:25 UTC
dpetzel [http://community.zenoss.org/people/dpetzel] created the discussion

"Re: Graph IP Services"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/64362#64362

I don't really see a ZenPack that would provide exactly what your after either. I'm afraid I'm at a loss for how you could pull this off without writing some code.