Simple (i think) format question for datapoints...
StephanDurand
2012-04-25 17:41:00 UTC
StephanDurand [http://community.zenoss.org/people/StephanDurand] created the discussion

"Simple (i think) format question for datapoints..."

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/66071#66071

Hello all.

I am pulling information out of a UPS and i am trying to "format" the input AC amps current like this  ###.# (for example, 154.2).  If i snmpwalk the OID, i get the interger 1542 returned.  I need to format it to 154.2 within the Data Points so that i could properly display it in the graph.

i tried %3.1lf but that is not working...

Thanks!

dpetzel
2012-04-25 18:19:06 UTC
dpetzel [http://community.zenoss.org/people/dpetzel] created the discussion

"Re: Simple (i think) format question for datapoints..."

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/66062#66062

.1, *

StephanDurand
2012-04-25 19:02:00 UTC
StephanDurand [http://community.zenoss.org/people/StephanDurand] created the discussion

"Re: Simple (i think) format question for datapoints..."

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/66072#66072

Hi dpetzel.

Thanks for the input but that pretty much killed my existing graph :)   It won't come up anymore...i changed it about an hour ago and my graph is not appearing anymore...

I will revert to my last config in a few i guess...

dpetzel
2012-04-25 19:40:53 UTC
dpetzel [http://community.zenoss.org/people/dpetzel] created the discussion

"Re: Simple (i think) format question for datapoints..."

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/66073#66073

hmm well the good news ithe RPN is a "display only" thing so no data is lost.In hindsight, maybe try 0.1, but the more I think about the more I'm not sure if non integer values are valid in the RPN (I'll need to re-read the docs)

dpetzel
2012-04-25 19:55:19 UTC
dpetzel [http://community.zenoss.org/people/dpetzel] created the discussion

"Re: Simple (i think) format question for datapoints..."

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/66074#66074

10,/

StephanDurand
2012-04-25 20:20:30 UTC
StephanDurand [http://community.zenoss.org/people/StephanDurand] created the discussion

"Re: Simple (i think) format question for datapoints..."

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/66075#66075

BINGO!  that seems to have done the trick!  Can you explain?  And where did you find doc on this?  Can you share a link?

Thanks!

dpetzel
2012-04-25 20:28:46 UTC
dpetzel [http://community.zenoss.org/people/dpetzel] created the discussion

"Re: Simple (i think) format question for datapoints..."

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/66076#66076

I actually couldn't find any documentation on if RPN could support a decimal or not, but the "official" docs are http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool/tut/rpntutorial.en.html http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool/tut/rpntutorial.en.html

I just felt like I've hit the "integers only" stuff before. So rather than multiplying by .1 we just flip it around to divide by 10, so the end result is the same, but we can use an integer in the RPN.