zencommand still tryong to connect via SSH when device down
Nick Forbes
2012-03-27 11:29:34 UTC
Nick Forbes [http://community.zenoss.org/people/NRForbes] created the discussion

"zencommand still tryong to connect via SSH when device down"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/65531#65531

Hi All,

I'm hoping someone has come across an issue I'm having already and can help me find a way around it?

I'm using ZenOss core 3.2.1 to monitor a number of devices. Some of these are linux machines monitored over SSH using the "Linux Monitor" zenpack (in the /Devices/SSH/Linux device class).

When one of these servers goes down, zencommand seems to continue to try to connect via SSH and execute the commands (e.g '/bin/df -kP'). I have got zPingMonitorIgnore set to False for the device class.

Does anyone know if there is a way to stop zencommand from attempting to make the SSH connection when ZenPing detects the device is down?

If not I can write event transforms to suppress the events but I'd prefer not to have zencommand attempt to make the connections in the first place (and then have to wait for them to timeout).

Many thanks,

Nick.