multi-graphing device components
kotique
2011-11-14 17:46:01 UTC
kotique [http://community.zenoss.org/people/kotique] created the discussion

"multi-graphing device components"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/62614#62614

Hi.

I'm playing with multi-graphs. So far, everything's been great. Except for when I tried to graph interface utilization on a *group* of devices. That is, I don't select specific components in collection, but a group (so that the final multigraph report contains only devices in selected group). And I'm facing problem with setting the proper datapoint. When I played with "specific components", I just inputted *ifHCInOctets_ifHCInOctets* and it all went well. But in this case, it doesn't. I need to tell zenoss to graph only *eth0* component of a device.

So how do I do that?

dpetzel
2011-11-14 17:57:09 UTC
dpetzel [http://community.zenoss.org/people/dpetzel] created the discussion

"Re: multi-graphing device components"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/62605#62605

The only way I've gotten something similar to work was using the ZOPE interface. Create the multigraph report as you normally would, and then using the ZOPE interface update the datapoint dpName field to be something like:

os/interfaces/*eth0*/ifHCInOctets_ifHCInOctets