Load Average Graph - Y-Axis
dhopp
2012-09-08 00:21:03 UTC
dhopp [http://community.zenoss.org/people/dhopp] created the discussion

"Re: Load Average Graph - Y-Axis"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/68457#68457

Yes.  Go to the template and on the Load Average graph click the gear menu that is right above the graph list and choose "Custom Graph Definition".  In the Custom box put:

--units-exponent=1

This will change the Y-axis.  However it has one side affect that if your numbers are always really small the Y-axis might show multiple 0.0 or 0.1.  I haven't found a solution for that.  It might mean playing with the value of units-exponent.

--Dennis

Pim Rupert
2012-09-10 12:51:46 UTC
Pim Rupert [http://community.zenoss.org/people/prupert] created the discussion

"Re: Load Average Graph - Y-Axis"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/68452#68452

To me it seems that you want the *value* displayed in decimals. It does not help changing the y-axis. You probably want to set the graph point format to a decimal format.

To change this:
* go to the graph definition of the load average (inside the monitoring template Device)
* edit the graph points
* set the 'format' to '%6.2lf'

dhopp
2012-09-10 13:49:13 UTC
dhopp [http://community.zenoss.org/people/dhopp] created the discussion

"Re: Load Average Graph - Y-Axis"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/68467#68467

Pim -

The Load average graph points already are %6.2lf.  The format will affect the display of the legend but not the graph itself.