drop or reprioritice alarm in a certain timeframe every day
Martin Thøgersen
2012-09-27 10:03:59 UTC
Martin ThÞgersen [http://community.zenoss.org/people/Martin] created the discussion

"drop or reprioritice alarm in a certain timeframe every day"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/68739#68739

Hi

I have a certain alarm that comes at the same time every day, and there is nothing we can do about the reason for the alarm itself. Is it possible in Zenoss to create some kind of rule that would either drop an event or change priority of the alarm, within a certain period of time each day.

for instance, under eventclass /AppearTV  I recieve an alarm with msgtxt = Video Missing, Video1: SVT1 , every day between 08.00 and 09.00. Its a critical alarm. Between 08.00 and 09.00 I am not interested in the alarm, and wish to either drop it or lower the priority, on all other time of the day I wish to recieve this alarm as a critical alarm.

2012-09-27 12:04:18 UTC

"Re: drop or reprioritice alarm in a certain timeframe every day"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/68757#68757

I'd look into event transforms. Basically some python that matches the event, checks the time and sets the severity or drops the event(s).
https://zcaportal.org/wiki/bin/view/ZCA/ZCAFAQ#What_re_45mapping_options_are_there_for_events_in_Event_Transforms_63 https://zcaportal.org/wiki/bin/view/ZCA/ZCAFAQ#What_re_45mapping_options_are_there_for_events_in_Event_Transforms_63
goes over what you can do with events...