Production state "Decommissioned" still ping - Zenoss 3.2.0
Alexander Fortin
2011-10-25 09:50:39 UTC
Alexander Fortin [http://community.zenoss.org/people/shaftoe] created the discussion

"Re: Production state "Decommissioned" still ping - Zenoss 3.2.0"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/62109#62109

Hi folks, so if I got it right, the right way to decommission a device via api calls is:

setProductionState()
pushChanges()

right?

Few questions though:
- I did decommission a device and pushed changes, but Device Status still says "UP", what does it mean?
- what about collected data and events for decommissioned devices? will they still be available for the future?

Thanks

dhopp
2011-10-25 13:15:37 UTC
dhopp [http://community.zenoss.org/people/dhopp] created the discussion

"Re: Production state "Decommissioned" still ping - Zenoss 3.2.0"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/62115#62115

The Device Status of "Up" doesn't really mean anything for a decommissioned device.

The history of events and performance data will still be there for a decommissioned device as long as you don't delete the device.  I *think* the RRD files (performance data) may eventually get cleaned up since they won't have been modified for a certain lenght of time but I not 100% possible on that.

--Dennis