Event Transform not working
mikeC79
2013-04-15 15:38:16 UTC
mikeC79 [http://community.zenoss.org/people/mikeC79] created the discussion

"Event Transform not working"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/72851#72851

I am trying to set the severity level of particular switch interfaces to critical. I set the default for all snmp_down to severity level 1, nd then I added the following transform to /net/link

if evt.component == 'GigabitEthernet2/4' and evt.device == 'IDF-buildingA' :
   evt.severity = 5

But the event still comes across as severity 1.

What am I missing?

mikeC79
2013-04-15 16:16:18 UTC
mikeC79 [http://community.zenoss.org/people/mikeC79] created the discussion

"Re: Event Transform not working"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/72853#72853

I figured out that if I change evt.device to evt.ipAddress and use the IP instead of the name, it works just fine. My only remaining problem is that the events that are transformed do not auto clear anymore. Any idea why?

Sandeep_Krishnan
2013-04-19 00:17:27 UTC
Sandeep_Krishnan [http://community.zenoss.org/people/Sandeep_Krishnan] created the discussion

"Re: Event Transform not working"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/72894#72894

Hi mikec79
     > For auto clearing to working you need to set the dedupid inside the transform.

Say For example A bad event that needs severity 5,

if evt == bad
  evt.component='Test_Comp'
  evt.eventKey='Test_Key'
  evt.severity=5