zensendevent not working from remote collectors
Gowrish SS
2013-03-20 08:20:52 UTC
Gowrish SS [http://community.zenoss.org/people/gowrish.ec] created the discussion

"zensendevent not working from remote collectors"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/72489#72489

Hi All,

We are having issues with executing zensend events from colelctors,  when we execute the command from the master it works fine and creates alerts in zenoss. But when same command is executed from remote collector we are below error could you please advise.

zensendevent -d <devicename> -i <device ip> -s Critical -p test -y test -c eventclass message
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/zenoss/bin/zensendevent", line 179, in <module>
    serv.sendEvent(evt)
  File "/opt/zenoss/lib/python2.7/xmlrpclib.py", line 1281, in __call__
    return self.__send(self.__name, args)
  File "/opt/zenoss/lib/python2.7/xmlrpclib.py", line 1632, in __request
    verbose=self.__verbose
  File "/opt/zenoss/lib/python2.7/xmlrpclib.py", line 1321, in request
    return self.single_request(host, handler, request_body, verbose)
  File "/opt/zenoss/lib/python2.7/xmlrpclib.py", line 1349, in single_request
    self.send_content(h, request_body)
  File "/opt/zenoss/lib/python2.7/xmlrpclib.py", line 1496, in send_content
    connection.endheaders(request_body)
  File "/opt/zenoss/lib/python2.7/httplib.py", line 951, in endheaders
    self._send_output(message_body)
  File "/opt/zenoss/lib/python2.7/httplib.py", line 811, in _send_output
    self.send(msg)
  File "/opt/zenoss/lib/python2.7/httplib.py", line 773, in send
    self.connect()
  File "/opt/zenoss/lib/python2.7/httplib.py", line 754, in connect
    self.timeout, self.source_address)
  File "/opt/zenoss/lib/python2.7/socket.py", line 571, in create_connection
    raise err
socket.error: [Errno 111] Connection refused

Could any one please look into this and help.
Please do needful.

nilie
2013-03-20 19:57:36 UTC
nilie [http://community.zenoss.org/people/nilie] created the discussion

"Re: zensendevent not working from remote collectors"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/72518#72518

A collector is configured to send all events to the master but the way you input the zensendevent command does not look correct for me because it seems to be addressed to a local instance on Zenoss instead of the master. I'm not familiar with this command but there should be a parameter to indicate at least the IP address for the master Zenoss server, otherwise the command will not know where to send the event other than to localhost.

jcurry
2013-03-21 19:53:36 UTC
jcurry [http://community.zenoss.org/people/jcurry] created the discussion

"Re: zensendevent not working from remote collectors"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/72564#72564

zensendevent actually communicates with zenhub.  Use zensendevent --help for usage and you will see that it has a parameter for --server which defaults to localhost.  Use this parameter and use your master Zenoss server name / IP as the parameter.

Cheers,
Jane