Custom reports - Asset information - TALES
Robert Light
2013-03-07 14:25:43 UTC
Robert Light [http://community.zenoss.org/people/lighty9909] created the discussion

"Custom reports - Asset information - TALES"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/72302#72302

I am using Zenoss Core 4.2 and am trying to create a custom report for audit. The only column that i can not get working is the "Tag" which we populated with the device's asset tag. However I can not find anywhere the TALES Attribute for the Tag column. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks
Rob

jcurry
2013-03-12 15:33:28 UTC
jcurry [http://community.zenoss.org/people/jcurry] created the discussion

"Re: Custom reports - Asset information - TALES"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/72375#72375

I don't think Tag is a standard zProperty.  Is this something you configured locally (maybe as a custome property?) or do you have a ZenPack that creates this?

If it is a custom property you may be able to see it using the Zope Management Interface (ZMI).  Point your browser at http:// http://<your zenoss server>:8080/zport/dmd/manage (assuming you are using the standard 8080 port).  You will find that you can navigate around your Zope database with this.  Go down into the appropriate device class and down into devices until you find a suitable device.  Use the Properties tab - this shows many (but not all) of the zProperties for the device.  The Name field should give you the correct attribute to use in a TALES expression.

Cheers,
Jane

Robert Light
2013-03-12 15:46:22 UTC
Robert Light [http://community.zenoss.org/people/lighty9909] created the discussion

"Re: Custom reports - Asset information - TALES"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/72364#72364

Hi Jane,

Thanks for coming back to me, i have been into ZMI and tracked it to:

*http://zenoss:8080/manage_workspace / http://zenoss:8080/zport/manage_workspace zport/ http://zenoss:8080/zport/dmd/manage_workspace dmd/ http://zenoss:8080/zport/dmd/Devices/manage_workspace Devices/ http://zenoss:8080/zport/dmd/Devices/Chassis/manage_workspace Chassis/ http://zenoss:8080/zport/dmd/Devices/Chassis/devices/manage_workspace devices/<IPaddress>/ http://zenoss:8080/zport/dmd/Devices/Chassis/devices/172.20.75.71/hw/manage_workspace hw*

and is simply called "tag" of type string.

How do i determine what column i need to add to the report?

Many thanks
Rob

jcurry
2013-03-12 16:10:48 UTC
jcurry [http://community.zenoss.org/people/jcurry] created the discussion

"Re: Custom reports - Asset information - TALES"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/72377#72377

Gotcha.
Try using

getHWTag

as the method to get your tag data.  Works for me on a noddy test.

Cheers,
Jane

Robert Light
2013-03-13 09:04:00 UTC
Robert Light [http://community.zenoss.org/people/lighty9909] created the discussion

"Re: Custom reports - Asset information - TALES"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/72370#72370

Hi Jane,

Worked a treat, thanks very much for your help

Cheers
Rob