Alarm ringtones
Nate Iorg
2012-08-23 17:19:50 UTC
Nate Iorg [http://community.zenoss.org/people/Tacticious] created the discussion

"Alarm ringtones"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/68109#68109

Hey all,

I looked for a product that allows me to change the ringtone of a text message based on the text inside of the message. For example, my alarms say "ALARM" as the subject, and clears say "CLEAR". I could NOT find ANYTHING to do this, so I made the app. I'm curious if you are all interested in it, but I don't want to just spam the forum with my product. Is it okay for me to even post it here? I don't want to be a d-bag...

Anyway, just curious if anyone was at all interested. If so, let me know.

Thanks,

Nate

Nate Iorg
2012-08-25 17:54:51 UTC
Nate Iorg [http://community.zenoss.org/people/Tacticious] created the discussion

"Re: Alarm ringtones"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/68125#68125

Forgot to mention this is an Android app that works with firmare version 2.2+.

elvis presley
2012-08-25 18:33:53 UTC
elvis presley [http://community.zenoss.org/people/alwaysbeenalone] created the discussion

"Re: Alarm ringtones"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/68146#68146

can i know more about your product. And also state its limitations..

Nate Iorg
2012-08-25 18:45:16 UTC
Nate Iorg [http://community.zenoss.org/people/Tacticious] created the discussion

"Re: Alarm ringtones"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/68156#68156

Currently, it will allow you to use separate text message ringtones depending on who is texting. It also will allow you to set phrases, and if one of these phrases is found inside the text message, it plays the designated ringtone (although this is still in testing). It doesn't replace your messaging app, you still use whatever app you want for sending/receiving text messages. It simply does the alerting/notification portion.

I use it to identify alarms I get from Zenoss. I setup a certain ringtone for when "ALARM" is in the message so I know it's an alarm, I setup a certian ringtone for when "CLEAR" is in a ringtone, and I designated a default ringtone for all others. I'm in the process of getting text to speech setup so you can just set a ringtone as whatever phrase you say. This will aid in alarms as well, to allow you to search for key phrases such as "Radius", "Cisco 7609", etc. and have the phone speak "Radius server" as the actual ringtone.

The main reason I did this was because I've gotten all but immune to my SMS ringtone notification. It doesn't wake me up any more. Now, I can set the volume higher for critical alarms, and make them a very annoying sound so they will wake me up. Also, I setup vibrate for the more important texts as well.