Commas in names, now can't delete...
dchenbecker
2011-11-01 04:00:18 UTC
dchenbecker [http://community.zenoss.org/people/dchenbecker] created the discussion

"Commas in names, now can't delete..."

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/62339#62339

I have several devices with commas in the names and I tried the advice here: http://community.zenoss.org/message/57828#57828 http://community.zenoss.org/message/57828. The problem is that now I can still see the device names with commas, but I can't delete them anymore:

| >>> for dev in dmd.Devices.getSubDevices(): | |
...   print "OK"
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<console>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/usr/local/zenoss/zenoss/Products/ZenModel/DeviceOrganizer.py", line 116, in getSubDevices
| | return list(devices) |
  File "/usr/local/zenoss/zenoss/Products/ZenModel/DeviceOrganizer.py", line 113, in <lambda>
| | devices = ifilter(lambda dev:self.checkRemotePerm(ZEN_VIEW, dev), |
  File "/usr/local/zenoss/zenoss/Products/ZenModel/ZenModelBase.py", line 323, in checkRemotePerm
| | return user.has_permission(permission, robject.primaryAq()) |
  File "/usr/local/zenoss/zenoss/Products/ZenRelations/PrimaryPathObjectManager.py", line 80, in primaryAq
| | return getObjByPath(app, self.getPrimaryPath()) |
  File "/usr/local/zenoss/zenoss/Products/ZenUtils/Utils.py", line 294, in getObjByPath
| | raise NotFound( name ) |
NotFound: Wichita- KS B13 AP

That "-" should be a comma. Any ideas on how to undo the change? I tried going into the Zope admin console but it shows the device with a comma there. Clicking on the device gives me a zope error.

Thanks,

Derek

2011-11-04 17:43:06 UTC

"Re: Commas in names, now can't delete..."

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/62420#62420

You're not supposed to be able to get commas in device names. There's not likely a fix... but you might open a bug report I guess:
http://dev.zenoss.com/trac/wiki/HowToAddTicket http://dev.zenoss.com/trac/wiki/HowToAddTicket