IO - ssIORawSent, ssIORawReceived bytes/sec or blocks/sec ?
geotek
2012-02-03 10:01:01 UTC
geotek [http://community.zenoss.org/people/geotek] created the discussion

"Re: IO - ssIORawSent, ssIORawReceived bytes/sec or blocks/sec ?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/64167#64167

Irritating that Zenoss 3.0.2 still shows completely wrong I/O throughput values and almost nobody seems to care... Thank you, chriss - you saved my day!

geotek
2012-02-03 10:09:37 UTC
geotek [http://community.zenoss.org/people/geotek] created the discussion

"Re: IO - ssIORawSent, ssIORawReceived bytes/sec or blocks/sec ?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/64168#64168

Irritating that Zenoss  still shows grossly wrong unity values in its SNMP I/O performance graphs and for years almost nobody seems to care... Thank you, chriss - you saved my day!

Pete McKenna
2012-10-17 18:01:27 UTC
Pete McKenna [http://community.zenoss.org/people/otto_pjm] created the discussion

"Re: IO - ssIORawSent, ssIORawReceived bytes/sec or blocks/sec ?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69316#69316

So,
I'm running 4.2 core and this is still displaying as bytes / sec, despite the OID being blocks per second. Is this going to be corrected? I'm not sure how / where to file or check on a bug status, but > 2 years seems awfully long for this to go unaddressed.

Pete

Brian Schrock
2012-04-09 17:57:17 UTC
Brian Schrock [http://community.zenoss.org/people/bschrock] created the discussion

"Re: IO - ssIORawSent, ssIORawReceived bytes/sec or blocks/sec ?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/65767#65767

It seems that at least on RHEL6.2 2.6.32 block size for ssIORawSent and ssIORawreceived the default block size appears to be 128k.