How to call an external command from zenoss?
Sean Shergill
2012-01-09 15:20:49 UTC
Sean Shergill [http://community.zenoss.org/people/sean] created the discussion

"How to call an external command from zenoss?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/63619#63619

How do I call an external command in zenoss, and pass it certain values from the Event? For example, I've got a script that passes an event and certain details of that event into another system. The script is on the zenoss system, and I want to execute it. How do I set that up?

I saw in a previous post that this was an enhancement that was added some time back, I've skimmed over the 3 manuals, but a specific link would help tremendously.

Thanks,
Sean

mwcotton
2012-01-09 21:42:04 UTC
mwcotton [http://community.zenoss.org/people/mwcotton] created the discussion

"Re: How to call an external command from zenoss?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/63641#63641

Search the manuals for "event command" if you want to execute the command in response to an event.

Sean Shergill
2012-01-09 23:00:47 UTC
Sean Shergill [http://community.zenoss.org/people/sean] created the discussion

"Re: How to call an external command from zenoss?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/63642#63642

Thanks for that MW. I did find that in the manual eventually. Before I ask any more questions, I'll read through that section.

sean