4.2 Upgrade question - ZenPack Compatability
stwainer
2012-08-16 18:51:01 UTC
stwainer [http://community.zenoss.org/people/stwainer] created the discussion

"4.2 Upgrade question - ZenPack Compatability"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/67912#67912

Hello,

A question:

1) In the documentation for upgrading in section 6.1.2.3 it says you should ensure that your ZenPacks are compatable with the new version. Where is the compatability list?

Thanks

Steve

2012-08-16 19:01:29 UTC

"Re: 4.2 Upgrade question - ZenPack Compatability"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/67913#67913

That's the best part - I don't know that there is one. If you'd like to contribute you can on the Jive page...

stwainer
2012-08-16 19:24:00 UTC
stwainer [http://community.zenoss.org/people/stwainer] created the discussion

"Re: 4.2 Upgrade question - ZenPack Compatability"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/67895#67895

Once I get this installed, I will be happy to let everyone know what Zenpacks seem to work and which one's do not. I do have another question though. Please know that I'm still a noob when it comes to any 'nix flavor: how do I check to see if I have the correct prerequisite software versions? It must have something to do with "yum" but I don't know the secret command strings.

Thanks

Steve

2012-08-16 19:42:57 UTC

"Re: 4.2 Upgrade question - ZenPack Compatability"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/67914#67914

If you know the name, you can do rpm -qa packagename
yum provides can get you the package name. We can't really do much general Linux use instructions here - there are much better resources such as the distro's forums...

stwainer
2012-08-16 19:44:30 UTC
stwainer [http://community.zenoss.org/people/stwainer] created the discussion

"Re: 4.2 Upgrade question - ZenPack Compatability"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/67897#67897

Thanks James! That was what i was looking for.