Uninstall Zenoss 2.5.x on Red Hat Enterprise
spectrum4
2011-12-05 21:16:07 UTC
spectrum4 [http://community.zenoss.org/people/spectrum4] created the discussion

"Uninstall Zenoss 2.5.x on Red Hat Enterprise"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/63064#63064

How do you uninstall Zenoss on red hat? I am trying to uninstall it and upgrade to the newest version. I have read the uninstall process in the manual that advises to run the ./uninstall script, but this file does not exist on the red hat system. I searched the entire file hierarchy with the find command and I am unable to locate it.

Any help to uninstall would be greatly appreciated. Is there anywhere I can get the uninstall script from?

Thanks,

jcurry
2011-12-08 15:03:28 UTC
jcurry [http://community.zenoss.org/people/jcurry] created the discussion

"Re: Uninstall Zenoss 2.5.x on Red Hat Enterprise"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/63148#63148

You certainly should have an unistall.  How did you install originally?  Was it a stack build or rpm or build from source?

Cheers,
Jane

Shane Scott
2011-12-08 17:04:52 UTC
Shane Scott [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hackman238] created the discussion

"Re: Uninstall Zenoss 2.5.x on Red Hat Enterprise"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/63153#63153

spectrum4:

If you have the RPM, zenoss stop, rpm -e zenoss* then rm -Rf /opt/zenoss.

If you have the stack, zenoss stop and look in $ZENHOME/bin for uninstall.sh. I forgert where it is, but it's in there somewhere.

If you installed the tarball, zenoss stop and rm -Rf /opt/zenoss.

--Shane

TitoOrtega
2011-12-08 18:32:55 UTC
TitoOrtega [http://community.zenoss.org/people/TitoOrtega] created the discussion

"Re: Uninstall Zenoss 2.5.x on Red Hat Enterprise"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/63139#63139

try  yum remove zenoss. much safer than above suggestions if you are unsure.

Shane Scott
2011-12-08 18:35:58 UTC
Shane Scott [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hackman238] created the discussion

"Re: Uninstall Zenoss 2.5.x on Red Hat Enterprise"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/63158#63158

Tito:

That's not any safer than my suggestions. The only important files Zenoss creates if installed via RPM are in $ZENHOME.

--Shane