User Variables in Monitoring Templates
Patrick Ermer
2012-10-31 15:37:07 UTC
Patrick Ermer [http://community.zenoss.org/people/pt1xoom] created the discussion

"User Variables in Monitoring Templates"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69640#69640

I am trying to update a monitoring Template for File Systems.  Currently, I have a Monitoring Template using snmp to give me all the logical drives in a system.  I would like to monitor the IOPS for these drives.  Under Linux, this can be obtained through snmp; however in Windows, you have to obtain this infromation from WMI.  I have the statement for WMI (Executing query: "SELECT DiskWritesPersec,Name,CurrentDiskQueueLength,DiskWriteBytesPersec,DiskReadsPersec,DiskReadBytesPersec FROM Win32_PerfRawData_PerfDisk_LogicalDisk WHERE Name=).  If name="C:", the query works for the C drive.  However, the programed statement uses the variable ${here/mount}.  snmp is filling in this statement with C:\ Label: Serial Number xxxxxxx, which fails because the WMI statement is expecting "C:".

So, My question...

How do I find all the fields that are coming from SNMP so I can find the correct variable to use?  This is the best way because it will teach me how to do it in the future if I have another query I want to write.

or

How do I truncate ${here/mount} to only put in C: in the select statement?

Thanks.