Event when harddisk is missing
dennis dennis
2012-04-03 13:50:40 UTC
dennis dennis [http://community.zenoss.org/people/db%40bigbrother.nl] created the discussion

"Event when harddisk is missing"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/65707#65707

I have added a windows 2003 server device to zenoss and used the Server/Windows device class. I has 4 disks and they are reflected under File Systems as D, E, F, G. So far so good. What do I need to do if I want to have an event created if one of the disks get missing? I have tried to lock all 4 drives and checked the "Send an event when an action is blocked" checkbox, but still no event is created when one of the drives get removed. Even if I remodel the device after removal of the disks, all 4 drives are still present under File Systems.

What am I doing wrong... anyone who can point me in the right direction?

Regards,

Danny