No Graph Data
scott duncan
2013-09-16 16:53:46 UTC
scott duncan [http://community.zenoss.org/people/odomok] created the discussion

"No Graph Data"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/74671#74671

I am using Zenoss 4.2.3 monitoring both Windows and Linux servers

When I select a server and go to Components, and then to Processors, I then use the drop down to select what I want displayed.

I choose Graphs and I get this message

No Graph Data

Everything else seems to be working fine.

I can view the graphs when I select Graphs from the left side options.

I can see Graphs when I select File Systems and Interfaces.

Am I missing something obvious where?

Thanks.

scott duncan
2013-09-17 18:18:42 UTC
scott duncan [http://community.zenoss.org/people/odomok] created the discussion

"Re: No Graph Data"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/74679#74679

I got some help from jcurry and jmp242.

Here were the replies...

Processors aren't graphed as components, but have top level perf templates so show up under "Graphs".

and then...

Yeh - it's a bit confusing isn't it?  (Or at least, not brilliantly documented).  Some components - like FileSystems and Interfaces have performance templates assocaited with them; other components don't - that's just the way things come out-of-the-box.

To tell whether a comonent graph is missing (as opposed to there being none defined), change the dropdown from Graphs to Templates.  If it says "no template", then the corollary is "no Graphs".

Do be aware that for components, templates are bound automatically - you must not bind component templates manually to a device.  A component template must have the identical name as the underlying object - so the FileSystems component is automatically bound to the component object class of FileSystems (and it is case-sensitive).  That isn't very helpful in determining which are component templates unless you have read lots of the code!; however, from ADVANCED -> Monitoring Templates, the little snowflake icon on the grey background is supposed to indicate a component template (though i don't think this is always perfect).

The Graphs menu in a device's lefthand menu show all the graphs that are device-specific, rather than component-specific and should show all the graphs from the templates that you see listed at the bottom of the device's lefthand menu - so you get things like cpu utilisation, memeory used, ....

Thanks again for the help!