Change Event Class
thunter0028
2012-01-10 13:55:08 UTC
thunter0028 [http://community.zenoss.org/people/thunter0028] created the discussion

"Change Event Class"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/63633#63633

I am currently working with Zenoss 3.2.1 and need to change event classes for some specific devices. We are monitoring inbound/outbound IPSEC connections for our ASA VPN connections. Currently they show as INFO severity and an event class of UNKNOWN. I would like to add it to a new event class, or even make a new clas for it to be under. Can anyone help with the process to do this?

2012-01-10 14:26:05 UTC

"Re: Change Event Class"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/63634#63634

If the events are coming into the event class /Unknown, you just need to set up an Event Mapping in the WebGUI. Note, if you want to make a new event class (these are basically like directories / organizers, so you can just make your own for ease of human parsing), you need to do that *before* you do the mapping.

Then check out the Admin guide on Event Mappings...

thunter0028
2012-01-10 15:37:11 UTC
thunter0028 [http://community.zenoss.org/people/thunter0028] created the discussion

"Re: Change Event Class"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/63643#63643

I was able to map the events to /Cisco/FW, but it does not seem to we working now. This was all dontethe WebGUI.

2012-01-10 15:43:26 UTC

"Re: Change Event Class"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/63637#63637

Once you've mapped the events, you have to close out the existing events before the new mappings will work.