Zenoss 4.2.3 traps not resolved in events
jeff.thorne
2013-04-23 13:54:39 UTC
jeff.thorne [http://community.zenoss.org/people/jeff.thorne] created the discussion

"Zenoss 4.2.3 traps not resolved in events"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/72937#72937

I have different devices that, we have installed mibs on. The traps don't show the OID number but it still shows a series of numbers it doesn't decode the event all the way down. The one I would like help on the most is with Adtran TA5000. I have made sure that I put all the mibs in and that they are the correct ones for the devices. I have restarted the Zenpack Daemon to see if that would help, it still doesn't show the event decoded all the way. If you could please help, it would be greatly appreciate I have looked for months on this problem and haven't found anything.

nelliott
2013-05-03 21:01:58 UTC
nelliott [http://community.zenoss.org/people/nelliott] created the discussion

"Re: Zenoss 4.2.3 traps not resolved in events"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/73076#73076

Thoughts:
* On Zenoss 3.1.0, I have had to fully restart the entire Zenoss suite in order to see newly loaded MIBs result in properly translated OIDs.
* Check for MIB compiled dependencies on your desktop machine, using something like BlackOwl MIB browser ( http://sourceforge.net/projects/blackowl/ http://sourceforge.net/projects/blackowl/)
* On 3.1.0, I always do "zenmib run <mibfile>" from the command line in the /usr/local/zenoss/common/share/mibs/ directory where I copied the MIB files.  (Did you do this?)

hydruid
2013-05-06 15:16:05 UTC
hydruid [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hydruid] created the discussion

"Re: Zenoss 4.2.3 traps not resolved in events"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/73060#73060

Jeff it sounds like you don't have the MIBs installed. Make sure to follow nelliott's 3 suggestions to verify the MIBs are installed correctly.