Zenoss reporting of graph data points
joanypony
2012-03-15 12:08:32 UTC
joanypony [http://community.zenoss.org/people/joanypony] created the discussion

"Zenoss reporting of graph data points"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/65232#65232

Does anyone know if it's possible to generate a report that only lists the data points of a graph, but not the graphs?
Eg, I want to get an email of a daily report. This report will show the HTTP response times for a URL we monitor on approximately 40 servers. It should just be something like:

servername     http_time
testserver1         1.2 seconds
testserver2          1.3 seconds

and so on..

I don't want to get the graphs in email as I'd ultimately be planning to do this for a very large number of servers.
I'm sure other people must need this feature, so I'd really hope someone has managed to do this..

Regards,
Joan

themactech
2012-03-16 20:36:33 UTC
themactech [http://community.zenoss.org/people/themactech] created the discussion

"Re: Zenoss reporting of graph data points"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/65307#65307

From what I gather, you would want to have a script query the RRD data directly, this is something I would be interested in as well.  If I could have the datapoints exported in any format, I could automate generating very nice reports at the receiving end of the data export.

I have not looked into it yet, not on top of the to-do list yet.

If you find something please post in this thread, if I get a chance to look into it I will do the same, but it won't be for a bit.

Manuel

linuxdynasty
2012-03-17 03:01:45 UTC
linuxdynasty [http://community.zenoss.org/people/linuxdynasty] created the discussion

"Re: Zenoss reporting of graph data points"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/65295#65295

Well if you know a little of python you can easily do this..

You can look at a script I wrote that gets the rrd value from a function call in zenoss and gets the aggregate from a device class or a list of devices..

So if you modify this script, you can get a list of devices with that datapoint...

https://github.com/linuxdynasty/Linuxdynasty/blob/de98e1b4d0946bd7c569d1f6952aaa926f4df032/asanabria/Scripts/python/AllenZenossAggregate.py https://github.com/linuxdynasty/Linuxdynasty/blob/de98e1b4d0946bd7c569d1f6952aaa926f4df032/asanabria/Scripts/python/AllenZenossAggregate.py

themactech
2012-03-19 14:14:04 UTC
themactech [http://community.zenoss.org/people/themactech] created the discussion

"Re: Zenoss reporting of graph data points"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/65305#65305

I downloaded your script, I plan to have a better look at it down the road, it is not on top of the to-do list however.

Many thanks for sharing this.

Manuel