How to toggle device status up/down?
kybe
2012-08-24 12:34:03 UTC
kybe [http://community.zenoss.org/people/kybe] created the discussion

"How to toggle device status up/down?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/68119#68119

Hello,

we are monitoring a couple of url's of websites. We cannot use ping or SNMP to check if they are up, in fact, we want to associate an URL not working with the device being down. This would in turn give us device availability based on URL availability. Furthermore, we would like to be able to toggle this programmatically through scripts in zendmd.

Can anyone give me a tip as to how this can be achieved? I have looked in zendmd but could not find a "setStatus()"-method that worked for me.

Thanks