Inplace upgrade just did fresh install
mikea730
2013-09-04 02:51:39 UTC
mikea730 [http://community.zenoss.org/people/mikea730] created the discussion

"Inplace upgrade just did fresh install"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/74560#74560

Running Zenoss 3.2.1 on RedHat 5 and trying to do an inplace upgrade to 4.2.4 on a TEST environment.

The RPM install of earlier releases of Zenoss install into "/usr/local/zenoss".  So my installation of 3.2.1 is in "/usr/local/zenoss".  When I install Core 4.2, it installs into "/opt/zenoss".  No upgrade occured and I have a fresh install of Zenoss 4.2.4 that works great, but it's an empty instance.  What am I missing?  How do you start the migration from the 3.2.1 instance in "/usr/local/zenoss"?  I followed the section in the install guide "5.3. Upgrading Zenoss Core" and was careful to follow the 3.2.1 specific instructions.

Thanks!

mikea730
2013-09-04 23:52:44 UTC
mikea730 [http://community.zenoss.org/people/mikea730] created the discussion

"Re: Inplace upgrade just did fresh install"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/74566#74566

To resolve this I built a new 3.2.1 staging server with Zenoss installed in /opt/zenoss and zenrestored from the old 3.2.1 server.  Then was able to upgrade in place.

Thanks!