multiple data points not graphing
xtort
2011-11-06 11:11:24 UTC
xtort [http://community.zenoss.org/people/xtort] created the discussion

"multiple data points not graphing"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/62447#62447

I set up a remote script to pull iostat values and then graph them. It’s not a fancy shell script, but it seems to work great if I do the rrd’s manually. When I try to add it to zenoss, it only graphs the first value. I realized this after I started swapping the results around, and seeing that only the first value being graphed. I attempted to put the results in Nagios format as requested in the documentation, but I must be doing something wrong still. Any ideas?

Script output:
OK | KB_writtens=48.38 KB_reads=3.09 tps=4.04

The template is bound to my server, and the “KB Written” value (first value) is graphing correctly. If I change to

OK | KB_reads=3.09 tps=4.04 KB_writtens=48.38 KB_writtens=48.38

Then onlynKB reads graphs, the rest get nan.

each data point is set on the graph, and each datapoint has its own rrd. thanks for the guidance!

2011-11-07 13:31:09 UTC

"Re: multiple data points not graphing"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/62453#62453

If you're running 3.2, this is a known bug. 3.2.1 fixes it.

xtort
2011-11-07 16:13:46 UTC
xtort [http://community.zenoss.org/people/xtort] created the discussion

"Re: multiple data points not graphing"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/62454#62454

Thanks! Will updrage now and see if this resolves my issue.