Setting up Alerts
Jordan Thilmony
2012-04-17 14:22:20 UTC
Jordan Thilmony [http://community.zenoss.org/people/jboy4] created the discussion

"Setting up Alerts"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/65916#65916

Hi there, I am very new to Zenoss and I am working on a system that someone else set up. It seems to be working properly but I would like to make an alert system to notify me at the end of the day of all the events that are present on my zenoss or events on my servers. I am more interested on my servers then anything else. My biggest problem I am not a code writer by any means.

I am wondering if there is a way under Users > Jboy4 > Alerting Rules. That i could create an alert to notify me of all events present on zenoss at 4:50 PM every day? I have toyed around a little bit with the settings but haven't got anything to work correctly at this time. Could anyone help me with what i need to do to acquire this?

So far I have created an alerting rule named AGS.
Settings (IN EDIT)
Delay=0                          Enabled=True
Action= Email                 Address=
Plain Text= False            Repeat Time=0
Send clear mes.=True

Event State= New
Ip Address (contains) beginning string of all my servers.
Production State = Production
Severity >= Warning
Device (contains)    /server

+I left Message as default for the time being. (more interested in actually getting the notification)+

Settings (In Schedule)
*Name (EndOfDay)*
Enabled=True
Start=4/17/2012           9:10am (put this just to test today) +I never got this email at 9:10. I ran a test and I received that email...+
+Duration: 1 hour+
+Repeat: Daily+

*Running Zenoss 3.0.2*
*OS its running on: CentOS 5 (64bit)*