- Zenoss Core as a Service
jmp242
2013-02-13 14:30:36 UTC
jmp242 [http://community.zenoss.org/people/jmp242] commented on the poll

"Zenoss Core as a Service"

To view all comments on this poll, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/polls/1061#comments-6368

I think it would depend on cost and functionality, but I really like doing it ourselves ...

nilie
2013-02-13 15:40:24 UTC
nilie [http://community.zenoss.org/people/nilie] commented on the poll

"Zenoss Core as a Service"

To view all comments on this poll, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/polls/1061#comments-6388

This forum is not the right audience for this kind of question.
What you're asking is basically if we, the people skilled in maintaining Zenoss agree to be replaced by someone less than half competent in Zenoss who would only have to watch screens barely understanding what happens behind.
This is a question better to be presented to our managers who I'm sure will consider it carefully since they don't give a crap on competence and service quality when they seek the outsourcing.
Beside that, the idea of going to clouds will reduce for sure the pool of people having a certain degree of competence and experience with Zenoss so in case you care, you will have less enthusiast testers, contributors and evangelists. You can bet we will be forced to move somewhere else to other projects because we still want to make use of our skills. It is the conservation instinct although honestly, I don't know how long we will last.
So when it comes to me, I'm the least interested. Too bad there was no option below 1.

Shane Scott
2013-02-15 18:06:01 UTC
Shane Scott [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hackman238] commented on the poll

"Zenoss Core as a Service"

To view all comments on this poll, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/polls/1061#comments-6370

I offer a product like this called Zencloud.