core-autodeploy-4.2.sh CentOS 6.3 minimal install
Ross Cavanagh
2012-12-12 01:20:54 UTC
Ross Cavanagh [http://community.zenoss.org/people/rosscav] created the discussion

"core-autodeploy-4.2.sh CentOS 6.3 minimal install"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/70467#70467

I've got a fresh install of CentOS 6.3 minimal as a VM on ESXi.

vCPU: 2
RAM: 8GB
HDD: 80GB
It's behind a proxy, so, I've added environment variables to wget, curl and yum to use the proxy.

At the end of core-autodeploy-4.2.sh script running, the following output appears:

Waiting for zeneventserver to start....
Installing /opt/zenoss/packs/ZenPacks.zenoss.ApacheMonitor-2.1.3-py2.7.egg...
Error: Required daemon zeneventserver not running.
Execute 'zeneventserver start' and retry the ZenPack installation.

Installing /opt/zenoss/packs/ZenPacks.zenoss.DellMonitor-2.2.0-py2.7.egg...
Error: Required daemon zeneventserver not running.
Execute 'zeneventserver start' and retry the ZenPack installation.

Installing /opt/zenoss/packs/ZenPacks.zenoss.DigMonitor-1.0.3-py2.7.egg...
Error: Required daemon zeneventserver not running.
Execute 'zeneventserver start' and retry the ZenPack installation.

Installing /opt/zenoss/packs/ZenPacks.zenoss.DnsMonitor-2.0.3-py2.7.egg...
Error: Required daemon zeneventserver not running.
Execute 'zeneventserver start' and retry the ZenPack installation.

Installing /opt/zenoss/packs/ZenPacks.zenoss.FtpMonitor-1.0.3-py2.7.egg...
Error: Required daemon zeneventserver not running.
Execute 'zeneventserver start' and retry the ZenPack installation.

Installing /opt/zenoss/packs/ZenPacks.zenoss.HPMonitor-2.1.0-py2.7.egg...
Error: Required daemon zeneventserver not running.
Execute 'zeneventserver start' and retry the ZenPack installation.

Installing /opt/zenoss/packs/ZenPacks.zenoss.HttpMonitor-2.1.0-py2.7.egg...
Error: Required daemon zeneventserver not running.
Execute 'zeneventserver start' and retry the ZenPack installation.

Installing /opt/zenoss/packs/ZenPacks.zenoss.IRCDMonitor-1.0.3-py2.7.egg...
Error: Required daemon zeneventserver not running.
Execute 'zeneventserver start' and retry the ZenPack installation.

Installing /opt/zenoss/packs/ZenPacks.zenoss.JabberMonitor-1.0.3-py2.7.egg...
Error: Required daemon zeneventserver not running.
Execute 'zeneventserver start' and retry the ZenPack installation.

Installing /opt/zenoss/packs/ZenPacks.zenoss.LDAPMonitor-1.3.0-py2.7.egg...
Error: Required daemon zeneventserver not running.
Execute 'zeneventserver start' and retry the ZenPack installation.

Installing /opt/zenoss/packs/ZenPacks.zenoss.MySqlMonitor-2.2.0-py2.7.egg...
Error: Required daemon zeneventserver not running.
Execute 'zeneventserver start' and retry the ZenPack installation.

Installing /opt/zenoss/packs/ZenPacks.zenoss.NNTPMonitor-1.0.3-py2.7.egg...
Error: Required daemon zeneventserver not running.
Execute 'zeneventserver start' and retry the ZenPack installation.

Installing /opt/zenoss/packs/ZenPacks.zenoss.NtpMonitor-2.0.4-py2.7.egg...
Error: Required daemon zeneventserver not running.
Execute 'zeneventserver start' and retry the ZenPack installation.

Installing /opt/zenoss/packs/ZenPacks.zenoss.RPCMonitor-1.0.3-py2.7.egg...
Error: Required daemon zeneventserver not running.
Execute 'zeneventserver start' and retry the ZenPack installation.

Installing /opt/zenoss/packs/ZenPacks.zenoss.ZenJMX-3.8.0-py2.7.egg...
Error: Required daemon zeneventserver not running.
Execute 'zeneventserver start' and retry the ZenPack installation.

Installing /opt/zenoss/packs/ZenPacks.zenoss.LinuxMonitor-1.2.0-py2.7.egg...
Error: Required daemon zeneventserver not running.
Execute 'zeneventserver start' and retry the ZenPack installation.

Installing /opt/zenoss/packs/ZenPacks.zenoss.ZenAWS-1.1.0-py2.7.egg...
Error: Required daemon zeneventserver not running.
Execute 'zeneventserver start' and retry the ZenPack installation.

Installing /opt/zenoss/packs/ZenPacks.zenoss.ZenossVirtualHostMonitor-2.4.0-py2.7.egg...
Error: Required daemon zeneventserver not running.
Execute 'zeneventserver start' and retry the ZenPack installation.

Installing /opt/zenoss/packs/ZenPacks.zenoss.EsxTop-1.1.0-py2.7.egg...
Error: Required daemon zeneventserver not running.
Execute 'zeneventserver start' and retry the ZenPack installation.

Installing /opt/zenoss/packs/ZenPacks.zenoss.XenMonitor-1.1.0-py2.7.egg...
Error: Required daemon zeneventserver not running.
Execute 'zeneventserver start' and retry the ZenPack installation.

Installing /opt/zenoss/packs/ZenPacks.zenoss.DeviceSearch-1.2.0-py2.7.egg...
Error: Required daemon zeneventserver not running.
Execute 'zeneventserver start' and retry the ZenPack installation.

Installing /opt/zenoss/packs/ZenPacks.zenoss.PySamba-1.0.0-py2.7-linux-x86_64.egg...
Error: Required daemon zeneventserver not running.
Execute 'zeneventserver start' and retry the ZenPack installation.

Installing /opt/zenoss/packs/ZenPacks.zenoss.WindowsMonitor-1.0.2-py2.7.egg...
Error: Required daemon zeneventserver not running.
Execute 'zeneventserver start' and retry the ZenPack installation.

Installing /opt/zenoss/packs/ZenPacks.zenoss.ActiveDirectory-2.1.0-py2.7.egg...
Error: Required daemon zeneventserver not running.
Execute 'zeneventserver start' and retry the ZenPack installation.

Installing /opt/zenoss/packs/ZenPacks.zenoss.IISMonitor-2.0.2-py2.7.egg...
Error: Required daemon zeneventserver not running.
Execute 'zeneventserver start' and retry the ZenPack installation.

Installing /opt/zenoss/packs/ZenPacks.zenoss.MSExchange-2.0.4-py2.7.egg...
Error: Required daemon zeneventserver not running.
Execute 'zeneventserver start' and retry the ZenPack installation.

Installing /opt/zenoss/packs/ZenPacks.zenoss.MSMQMonitor-1.2.1-py2.7.egg...
Error: Required daemon zeneventserver not running.
Execute 'zeneventserver start' and retry the ZenPack installation.

Installing /opt/zenoss/packs/ZenPacks.zenoss.MSSQLServer-2.0.3-py2.7.egg...
Error: Required daemon zeneventserver not running.
Execute 'zeneventserver start' and retry the ZenPack installation.

It says the installation completes. Then, if I change to the zenoss user and go to the home directory I get the following:
# su zenoss
$ cd $ZENHOME/packs/
$ zenpack --install ZenPacks.zenoss.ActiveDirectory-2.1.0-py2.7.egg
Error: Required daemon zeneventserver not running.
Execute 'zeneventserver start' and retry the ZenPack installation.

However:
$ ps aux | grep zeneventserver
zenoss    6609  2.1  2.3 3311160 186928 ?      Sl   10:05   0:06 java -server -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError -DZENOSS_COMMAND=zeneventserver -DZENHOME=/opt/zenoss -Djetty.home=/opt/zenoss -Djetty.logs=/opt/zenoss/log -Dlogback.configurationFile=/opt/zenoss/etc/zeneventserver/logback.xml -DZENOSS_DAEMON=y -jar /opt/zenoss/lib/jetty-start-7.5.3.v20111011.jar --config=/opt/zenoss/etc/zeneventserver/jetty/start.config --ini=/opt/zenoss/etc/zeneventserver/jetty/jetty.ini --pre=etc/zeneventserver/jetty/jetty-logging.xml

If I continue to the page for first time login, it will just give me an error (which if needed, I'm sure I can get the output of), but thought I'd start from here and see if anyone has known of this happening and possible solutions.

doofja
2012-12-13 01:41:12 UTC
doofja [http://community.zenoss.org/people/doofja] created the discussion

"Re: core-autodeploy-4.2.sh CentOS 6.3 minimal install"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/70512#70512

I had issues with the auto deploy script from behind a proxy.

In the end I just followed the manual instructions in the installation guide. Took a little longer but I was able to work any issues I encounted as they happened.

Everything is working as expected now.

Ross Cavanagh
2012-12-13 01:43:25 UTC
Ross Cavanagh [http://community.zenoss.org/people/rosscav] created the discussion

"Re: core-autodeploy-4.2.sh CentOS 6.3 minimal install"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/70526#70526

Thanks for the tip, I think I'm just probably going to have to go through the same process. Since I thought it may have been a kind of common thing, thought there might be some work arounds.

Ross Cavanagh
2012-12-17 05:13:12 UTC
Ross Cavanagh [http://community.zenoss.org/people/rosscav] created the discussion

"Re: core-autodeploy-4.2.sh CentOS 6.3 minimal install"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/70553#70553

It was quite a simple fix in the end, and just an issue on my part.

After setting up the new machine, the localhost line was hashed out, and I'd added a new line with the new FQDN there instead. Eg:

/etc/hosts

#localhost localhost.localdomain localhost4 localhost4.localdomain4
127.0.0.1 newhostname.co.jp newhostname

I then changed this to one line, so that the localhost settings were still there as well.

127.0.0.1 localhost localhost.localdomain localhost4 localhost4.localdomain4 newhostname.co.jp newhostname

Keeping an eye on this, it had no problem connecting to MySQL when I setup the system again.