Zenoss Windows Event high priority Whitelist
Robert White
2012-12-04 15:22:54 UTC
Robert White [http://community.zenoss.org/people/APSU_RW] created the discussion

"Zenoss Windows Event high priority Whitelist"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/70322#70322

I'm trying to monitor windows event logs. Currently this has been a process of going through all of the events as they appear in Zenoss and trying to decide what to do this them. This is a huge list and it means that anything important is currently lost with un-important events as well. Slowly we've been moving important alerts to high priority and low ones to the ignore however, there are a lot of missed events that aren't picked up quickly when they first appear.

I was wondering if there were any defined lists with alerts that are  known high priority issues which we could used for Zenoss, a zenpack would be great but any links to good resources would also be appreciated. So we can have a more pro-active then re-active approach. High Priority for us would be hardware failures or critical software failures, such as av or Backups however even a more general list would be good to start with...

So far I've mostly been working from eventid.net, and http://community.spiceworks.com http://community.spiceworks.com

Thanks in advance for any help.

erlingqiling yu
2012-12-06 01:31:05 UTC
erlingqiling yu [http://community.zenoss.org/people/erlingqiling] created the discussion

"Re: Zenoss Windows Event high priority Whitelist"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/70363#70363

| %1,3% http://www.jerseycheap-china.com |
| %1,3% http://www.jerseycheap-china.com/customized-nike-nfl-c-237.html |
| %1,3% http://www.jerseycheap-china.com/customized-reebok-nfl-c-115.html |