Cannot Delete an Old Server
Randy Devone
2012-10-05 17:09:39 UTC
Randy Devone [http://community.zenoss.org/people/rdevone] created the discussion

"Cannot Delete an Old Server"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/68883#68883

I am having an issue deleting a server that no longer exists.  I removed it from the GUI and the server is no longer showing up but why I try to re add the replacement server back, it tells me that IP address is already in use.  I logged into http://localhost:8080/zport/manage http://localhost:8080/zport/manage and found an entry with the IP but when i click to delete, it tells me that the device does not exists.

Can someone help me remove this entry.  Please don't say use a different IP because i am unable to do that.

I use:

Zenoss 3.2.1 x64
CentOS 5.6

Thanks for your help, this is very frustrating.

Randy

Shane Scott
2012-10-08 15:56:44 UTC
Shane Scott [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hackman238] created the discussion

"Re: Cannot Delete an Old Server"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/68903#68903

Randy:

Form the CLI as the zenoss user, zenchkrels -x1 -r. If this completes successfully, give the delete another try. If no go, let me know.

Best,
--Shane Scott (Hackman238)