Hidden event transforms after error
omeganon
2012-10-26 19:07:02 UTC
omeganon [http://community.zenoss.org/people/omeganon] created the discussion

"Hidden event transforms after error"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69550#69550

Hi!

I tried adding an event mapping and during the addition process I changed the name assigned to it to make it shorter (snmp_coldStart_01 -> snmp_coldStart). After submitting, Zenoss errored out (error lost now) and I figured it wasn't a big deal and I'd try re-adding it. After looking again, I saw that the other pre-existing mappings at that level were now gone. I used Zope's /manage to take a peek and I saw that they were all there, including the one I had tried to rename as well as the one that apparently conflicted and Zenoss didn't handle properly. I tried deleting them both but zenoss errors out (see below). I tried renaming the one I (?) added to snmp_coldStart_013 in the hope that would fix whatever was wrong and it renamed, but still couldn't delete. How can I delete these mappings and start over?

2012-10-26T13:47:21 ERROR Zope.SiteErrorLog 1351277241.170.21706955104 https://buzz.int/zport/dmd/Events/Status/Snmp/instances/manage_delObjects https://buzz.int/zport/dmd/Events/Status/Snmp/instances/manage_delObjects
Traceback (innermost last):
  Module OFS.ObjectManager, line 533, in manage_delObjects
BadRequest: snmp_coldStart_013 does not exist

$ zendmd
Welcome to the Zenoss dmd command shell!
'dmd' is bound to the DataRoot. 'zhelp()' to get a list of commands.
Use TAB-TAB to see a list of zendmd related commands.
Tab completion also works for objects -- hit tab after an object name and '.'
(eg dmd. + tab-key).
print dmd.Events.Status.Snmp.instances.objectIds()
['Coldstart2', 'coldStart', 'firmwareVersion', 'snmp_coldStart', 'snmp_coldStart_013', 'storageShutdownReceived', 'systemUp']
dmd.Events.Status.Snmp.instances.manage_delObjects('snmp_coldStart_013')
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<console>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/opt/zenoss/lib/python/OFS/ObjectManager.py", line 533, in manage_delObjects
    raise BadRequest, '%s does not exist' % escape(ids[-1])
BadRequest: snmp_coldStart_013 does not exist

Thanks!

--
Marc

omeganon
2012-10-29 15:31:35 UTC
omeganon [http://community.zenoss.org/people/omeganon] created the discussion

"Re: Hidden event transforms after error"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69587#69587

bump