Conditional graph values?
themactech
2012-11-14 14:59:26 UTC
themactech [http://community.zenoss.org/people/themactech] created the discussion

"Conditional graph values?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69895#69895

I have an environmental sensor I am making a ZenPack for.  The device can be set for Celsius or Fahrenheit.  Which is selected is available via SNMP.  Is it possible to have a conditional graph unit title that is variable?  I would like it to switch automatically to displaying Celsius or Fahrenheit based on the device's setting.  If possible, how would it be done?

Thanks

Manuel

dpetzel
2012-11-15 03:31:50 UTC
dpetzel [http://community.zenoss.org/people/dpetzel] created the discussion

"Re: Conditional graph values?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69944#69944

How about this? http://community.zenoss.org/docs/DOC-10269 http://community.zenoss.org/docs/DOC-10269

themactech
2012-11-15 22:45:25 UTC
themactech [http://community.zenoss.org/people/themactech] created the discussion

"Re: Conditional graph values?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69962#69962

I read the article you mentioned above, but in that case he has both graphs, one set to fahrenheit the other to celsius and will hide one.

I am wondering if that field (Units:) can hold a variable?  Instead of filing that Units field in the graph details with "Fahrenheit" could it possibly hold ${here/comment} or something similar.  ${here/comment} does not work BTW but is there another syntax, or is it not possible.  If it were possible then you would only have one graph with a dynamic Units label.

I could then do a modeler that queries the device for which unit setting is selected and put the proper value in the Comments field so the graph adjusts the Units text accordingly.

Manuel