Upgrade from Zenoss 2.5.2 stack (Ubuntu 8.04) to Zenoss 3.2.1 on CentOS
Vit Svarc
2011-10-25 11:57:34 UTC
Vit Svarc [http://community.zenoss.org/people/svarc01] created the discussion

"Upgrade from Zenoss 2.5.2 stack (Ubuntu 8.04) to Zenoss 3.2.1 on CentOS"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/62113#62113

Hello,

after reading the upgrade process from 2.5.x version to 3.2.x on the same machine, my thoughs are - that can't be successful.
I am thinkig about to setup next machine with clean CentOS installation, native Zenoss 3.2.1 and installing the ZenPacks.
Can I import the data afterthat from my old system to have the complete history? (all devices with graphs, events, etc.)?
And when I will see that the machine is running fine, I will switch off the old system.
I am monitoring ca 250 devices, all zenpacks I am using are compatibile with 3.x version.
Would it work that way?

2011-10-25 12:00:58 UTC

"Re: Upgrade from Zenoss 2.5.2 stack (Ubuntu 8.04) to Zenoss 3.2.1 on CentOS"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/62126#62126

You can't restore a zenoss backup to a different version of Zenoss. The 2.5.x to 3.2.1 process, if done step by step can be successfull.

Information Technology Area Supervisor

Vit Svarc
2011-10-25 12:03:56 UTC
Vit Svarc [http://community.zenoss.org/people/svarc01] created the discussion

"Re: Upgrade from Zenoss 2.5.2 stack (Ubuntu 8.04) to Zenoss 3.2.1 on CentOS"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/62114#62114

And what should I do when I would like to change the distribution? Install Centos,then Zenoss 2.5.2, then import the data, then Zenoss upgrade?

2011-10-25 12:29:12 UTC

"Re: Upgrade from Zenoss 2.5.2 stack (Ubuntu 8.04) to Zenoss 3.2.1 on CentOS"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/62128#62128

Yes, that would potentially work. Though you'll want to watch out for different $ZENHOME paths...

Information Technology Area Supervisor