Can I get serial number and/or comments in an event notification?
K Mitchell
2013-05-13 18:53:28 UTC
K Mitchell [http://community.zenoss.org/people/iserv] created the discussion

"Can I get serial number and/or comments in an event notification?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/73164#73164

Hi there,

I'm running Zenoss Core 4.2.3.  I've got notifications set up for when something pings down, but I'd like to get more information than what's there by default.  Is there a way to include Serial Number and/or Comments of the device (found on the Overview page for the device) in a notification?

hydruid
2013-05-16 20:23:09 UTC
hydruid [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hydruid] created the discussion

"Re: Can I get serial number and/or comments in an event notification?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/73240#73240

You could try to modify the notification, to include it in the body of the message. The real question is what variable holds the serial # information.

I'm sure if you search through the database or Zenoss documentation, you can find something! I'll take a look around as well.

hydruid
2013-05-16 20:29:34 UTC

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/73256#73256

Here is a link I found that could help: http://community.zenoss.org/thread/18301 http://community.zenoss.org/thread/18301