How can I remove the localhost device?
gedv
2013-01-30 13:26:09 UTC
gedv [http://community.zenoss.org/people/gedv] created the discussion

"How can I remove the localhost device?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/71292#71292

Hi to every one, it's my first time on this forum. I have some annoying notificacions in my Zenoss instalation during backup time, it reports heartbeat failure.

All this notifications are coming from localhost device.

The messages are:
Device: localhost
Component: zentrap
Severity: 2
Message:
localhost zentrap heartbeat failure

Is it possible to disable or remove the device localhost?

Many thanks and kind regards,

2013-01-30 13:45:04 UTC

"Re: How can I remove the localhost device?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/71295#71295

That would be a really bad idea. You need to know if a Zenoss daemon has failed... What about using a maintenance window for your backups?

gedv
2013-02-01 14:58:00 UTC
gedv [http://community.zenoss.org/people/gedv] created the discussion

"Re: How can I remove the localhost device?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/71349#71349

James,

   Thanks for your answer, we check with a maintenence windows and I didn't recive any error. But when it is working as normal, I'm recieving error of:

zenstatus, zensyslog, zentrap, zenperfsnmp, zeneventlog, zenwinperf, zenwin, zenjmx, zencommand, zenmodeler, zenping and an error executing one of my rules in the triggers.

We know that this problems are related with backup period because the hight traffic in the network. Also, this Zenoss is installed in a OpenVZ virtual machine as testing state. In future we will migrate to cloud environment. But for now, I just need that this events doesn't send any email

Many thanks for your help.