Strange discrepencies when monitoring network traffic on Linux VM's
Brent B
2012-08-08 15:23:48 UTC
Brent B [http://community.zenoss.org/people/brentb] created the discussion

"Strange discrepencies when monitoring network traffic on Linux VM's"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/67744#67744

We have been experiencing some discrepencies on monitoring with Zenoss on Linux servers.  It’s on the network adapter.  These are virtual machines managed by VMWare.  The discrepancy is that the network adapter in Zenoss will show (for a given time period) around 18megs of activity in Zenoss but if you look in VMware, it was really only 8-10 for that time period.  Is this a configuration problem on our end?  These were setup just using the IP and letting Zenoss know they were Linux servers, it discovered everything else on it's own.  This is on Zenoss 3.2.1

Brent B
2012-09-02 21:48:17 UTC
Brent B [http://community.zenoss.org/people/brentb] created the discussion

"Re: Strange discrepencies when monitoring network traffic on Linux VM's"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/68357#68357

Anyone have any ideas on this?