Monitoring https site
Jimmy De Bie
2013-09-23 08:50:21 UTC
Jimmy De Bie [http://community.zenoss.org/people/jimmydebie] created the discussion

"Monitoring https site"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/74731#74731

All,

At our IT department, I'm setting up Znoss Core to monitor all IT services our company has, internal as well as external.
One of those external sources are websites, where we our client of an external service provider. Some of those sites I want to monitor are https- sites with the build in tezmplate httpMonitor. For those I keep receiving an alert saying xxx.xx.com is DOWN!
Is there a way a setting I can change allowing me to have an clear view if the site is up yes or no?

Thanks in advance for all tips.

Cheers

Jimmy

Andrew Kirch
2013-09-23 21:33:47 UTC
Andrew Kirch [http://community.zenoss.org/people/akirch] created the discussion

"Re: Monitoring https site"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/74742#74742

I'm probably going to need more information to give you an answer but if you go to "IP Services" and enable HTTP/HTTPS you should get the monitoring you're looking for.