Zenoss web URL access issue
Ramu Chittiprolu
2012-12-24 12:48:39 UTC
Ramu Chittiprolu [http://community.zenoss.org/people/Ramu] created the discussion

"Zenoss web URL access issue"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/70685#70685

I have installed zenoss and started the services successfully.
However, the web url am still not able to access. Please help me out.

Note: Connectivity to the port 8080 is already opened.

*[***@hostname /]# wget -- http://hostname:8080/ http://hostname:8080*
*--2012-12-24 07:35:33--  http://hostname:8080/ http://hostname:8080/*
*Resolving hostname... xx.xx.xx.xx*
*Connecting to hostname |xx.xx.xx.xx|:8080... connected.*
*HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 400 Bad Request*
*2012-12-24 07:35:33 ERROR 400: Bad Request.*
Thanks,
Ramu

Andrew Kirch
2012-12-24 13:53:29 UTC
Andrew Kirch [http://community.zenoss.org/people/akirch] created the discussion

"Re: Zenoss web URL access issue"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/70693#70693

What does 'service zenoss restart' show when run as root?

Ramu Chittiprolu
2012-12-24 15:31:28 UTC
Ramu Chittiprolu [http://community.zenoss.org/people/Ramu] created the discussion

"Re: Zenoss web URL access issue"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/70687#70687

Hi Andrew,

Here is the output -

***@i2mpblrzenoss01 init.d]# service zenoss restart
Daemon: zenrrdcached stopping...
Daemon: zenprocess stopping...
Daemon: zencommand stopping...
Daemon: zenperfsnmp stopping...
Daemon: zenmodeler stopping...
Daemon: zentrap stopping...
Daemon: zenactiond stopping...
Daemon: zenstatus stopping...
Daemon: zensyslog stopping...
Daemon: zenping stopping...
Daemon: zeneventd stopping...
Daemon: zenjobs stopping...
Daemon: zenhub stopping...
already stopped
Daemon: zopectl daemon manager not running
Daemon: zeneventserver stopping...
Daemon: zeneventserver starting...
Waiting for zeneventserver to start.......
Daemon: zopectl .
daemon process started, pid=24732
Daemon: zenhub starting...
Daemon: zenjobs starting...
Daemon: zeneventd starting...
Daemon: zenping starting...
Daemon: zensyslog starting...
Daemon: zenstatus starting...
Daemon: zenactiond starting...
Daemon: zentrap starting...
Daemon: zenmodeler starting...
Daemon: zenperfsnmp starting...
Daemon: zencommand starting...
Daemon: zenprocess starting...
Daemon: zenrrdcached starting...
[***@i2mpblrzenoss01 init.d]#

Please let me know how to fix this issue.

Thanks,
Ramu

Andrew Kirch
2012-12-24 19:17:25 UTC
Andrew Kirch [http://community.zenoss.org/people/akirch] created the discussion

"Re: Zenoss web URL access issue"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/70695#70695

Daemon: zopectl daemon manager not running is your problem.  Try accessing it now?  If this fails you have a zope problem beyond my knowledge to fix.

Ramu Chittiprolu
2012-12-25 07:22:50 UTC
Ramu Chittiprolu [http://community.zenoss.org/people/Ramu] created the discussion

"Re: Zenoss web URL access issue"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/70696#70696

Yes, zopectl is not running. I tried in all the ways but still not able bring this collector up.

Am new to zenoss, please help me out in fixing this issue. Due to this am not able to launch the web portal.

If possible can you give me your contact number to call you.

Andrew Kirch
2012-12-25 08:01:51 UTC
Andrew Kirch [http://community.zenoss.org/people/akirch] created the discussion

"Re: Zenoss web URL access issue"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/70689#70689

Ramu,

Zenoss doesn't provide phone support for Zenoss Core, and I'm not quite sure why skype won't start.  My next suggestion would be to start from scratch, get the centos 6.3 64 bit livecd, and run the community install script.  http://wiki.zenoss.org/Install_Zenoss http://wiki.zenoss.org/Install_Zenoss.

Andrew

Ramu Chittiprolu
2012-12-25 11:28:16 UTC
Ramu Chittiprolu [http://community.zenoss.org/people/Ramu] created the discussion

"Re: Zenoss web URL access issue"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/70690#70690

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the reply. Here we are using RHEL 6.3 for the zenoss core 4.2.0. I'm seeing the below log in event.log file for zopectl. Request you to help me out in this regard.

*2012-12-25T04:54:47 INFO ZServer HTTP server started at Tue Dec 25 04:54:47 2012*
*Hostname: 0.0.0.0*
*Port: 8080*
*------*
*2012-12-25T04:54:48 WARNING relstorage.adapters.mysql Unable to connect: (2002, "Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)")*
*------*
*2012-12-25T04:54:51 INFO ZServer HTTP server started at Tue Dec 25 04:54:51 2012*
*Hostname: 0.0.0.0*
*Port: 8080*

Thanks,
Ramu

Andrew Kirch
2012-12-25 14:32:26 UTC
Andrew Kirch [http://community.zenoss.org/people/akirch] created the discussion

"Re: Zenoss web URL access issue"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/70708#70708

Ramu,

I don't think you have mysql started, or possibly set up correctly.  Again, please use the setup script on a CLEAN centos 6.3 64 bit install and you will save yourself a lot of time and frustration.  I don't know what steps you've taken to install Zenoss, but you have a lot missing.

Ramu Chittiprolu
2012-12-25 15:46:54 UTC
Ramu Chittiprolu [http://community.zenoss.org/people/Ramu] created the discussion

"Re: Zenoss web URL access issue"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/70709#70709

Hi Andrew,

Mysql is already started but still getting the error. Here we have RHEL 6.3 OS, please let me know the compatable installable name and location for the zenoss on this.

Awaiting for the response.

Thank you!!

Ramu

Ramu Chittiprolu
2012-12-26 03:03:08 UTC
Ramu Chittiprolu [http://community.zenoss.org/people/Ramu] created the discussion

"Re: Zenoss web URL access issue"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/70713#70713

Am waiting for your response!!
Please get back to me.

Thanks,
Ramu

alphasupremicus
2013-01-10 21:08:11 UTC
alphasupremicus [http://community.zenoss.org/people/alphasupremicus] created the discussion

"Re: Zenoss web URL access issue"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/70940#70940

This just started happening to me today on my CentOS 6.3 (same as RHEL 6.3) installation. I made no changes to the server, no recent zenpack installations, and it's been running fine for a month. Very frustrating! Anyone have a fix for this problem where zenhub appears it cannot connect to MySQL on local socket anymore? Again, no changes and MySQL is running just fine and I've connected to it just fine and even ran mysqlcheck without issues.

alphasupremicus
2013-01-10 22:35:10 UTC
alphasupremicus [http://community.zenoss.org/people/alphasupremicus] created the discussion

"Re: Zenoss web URL access issue"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/70922#70922

zeneventserver-stdio.2013_01_10.log:org.springframework.jdbc.UncategorizedSQLException: StatementCallback; uncategorized SQLException for SQL [ ALTER TABLE event_time ADD PARTITION (PARTITION p20130110_230000 VALUES LESS THAN(1357858800000))]; SQL state [HY000]; error code [23]; Out of resources when opening file './zenoss_zep/' (Errcode: 24); nested exception is java.sql.SQLException: Out of resources when opening file './zenoss_zep/' (Errcode: 24)
Ah ha! So mysql is running out resources adding a partition to the umpty-squat table. And my server is not out of space by a long shot, so this must be a "max files opened" sort of issue.

Low and behold, I added these statements to my server's setup:

/etc/security/limits.conf
mysql          soft     nofile          65536
mysql          hard     nofile          65536
Followed by adding this to my mysql configuration file:

/etc/my.cnf
open_files_limit = 65536
And restarting mysql (as root: service mysql restart) and then restarting zenoss (service zenoss restart) and, voila, all my errors went away and I can logon to Zenoss mgmt interface again.

Wow - so this reveals to me that the my.cnf (MySQL configuration) is not really optimized or tailored to large environments (or at least more than 100 devices being monitored).

-John