Problems with zenoss.snmp.HRSWRunMap
OneLoveAmaru
2012-08-07 13:58:56 UTC
OneLoveAmaru [http://community.zenoss.org/people/OneLoveAmaru] created the discussion

"Re: Problems with zenoss.snmp.HRSWRunMap"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/67714#67714

I appreciate the response.

I changed it from 180 to 360 and then 600. Still no change.

Any other ideas?

OneLoveAmaru
2012-08-17 15:59:58 UTC
OneLoveAmaru [http://community.zenoss.org/people/OneLoveAmaru] created the discussion

"Re: Problems with zenoss.snmp.HRSWRunMap"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/67945#67945

It's a problem with Zenoss for sure as I ran a tcpdump and can see Zenoss sending the snmp requests and my mail server responding with everything. The only problem is, it never makes it into Zenoss. :(

Any help would REALLY be appreciated. There has got to be some bebugging I can turn on to see exactly what Zenoss doesn't like in the return snmp packets.

Anybody?

OneLoveAmaru
2012-08-20 19:01:02 UTC
OneLoveAmaru [http://community.zenoss.org/people/OneLoveAmaru] created the discussion

"Re: Problems with zenoss.snmp.HRSWRunMap"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/68033#68033

If anyone comes across this, it was our main firewall dropping SNMP packets that were big. There is no fix yet but I'm sure we just need to increase how large the packet can be. Just don't know where that setting is just yet.

This is their exact words:

I looked through the wireshark captures you attached to this case and found that the packets with length 1518 were being dropped by the PA like you suspected on the GTM on friday.

OneLoveAmaru
2012-08-21 14:50:23 UTC
OneLoveAmaru [http://community.zenoss.org/people/OneLoveAmaru] created the discussion

"Re: Problems with zenoss.snmp.HRSWRunMap"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/68055#68055

OK, they came back again and said the SNMP packet is being fragmented and that is causing the problem. Is there any way to tell zenoss not to send so many requests in a getbulk packet so that we can cut down on the size and hopefully eliminate this problem?

Voorhees
2012-08-21 17:11:43 UTC
Voorhees [http://community.zenoss.org/people/Voorhees] created the discussion

"Re: Problems with zenoss.snmp.HRSWRunMap"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/68056#68056

its possible to increase the udp max message length on most firewalls. ask your firewall guys nicely :)

ran into this on my dns servers - udp max message size of 512 bytes was the issue - changed it 2048.

OneLoveAmaru
2012-08-27 15:49:41 UTC
OneLoveAmaru [http://community.zenoss.org/people/OneLoveAmaru] created the discussion

"Re: Problems with zenoss.snmp.HRSWRunMap"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/68167#68167

So the issue wasn't the UDP packet size after all.

We use Firewalls by Palo Alto Networks and there is lots of security turned on by default.

Once I sent everything to Palo Also Networks they were able to see the UDP packets were fragmented and that in the security zone for that interface it had reject block fragmentation.

Once we disabled that, everything is now working. We also had issues with SIP calls being dropped so I hope it was also the same fix.