About the label "link" of the device overview
James Smith
2013-03-21 11:17:24 UTC
James Smith [http://community.zenoss.org/people/flyingfish007] created the discussion

"About the label "link" of the device overview"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/72557#72557

When I monitor a Linux server, I find a label "link" in the page of overview. But I don't know how to use it and what's meaning? In my plain understanding, I think that it mean the link is a relation between two servers. Does it really?

------
James

2013-03-21 12:20:22 UTC

"Re: About the label "link" of the device overview"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/72538#72538

If you're talking about what I think you're talking about - it's actually literally an HTML link attribute. You can paste in some HTML or a url to click on to some third party site or tool or whatever that you feel is relevant to that server.

themactech
2013-03-21 14:54:20 UTC
themactech [http://community.zenoss.org/people/themactech] created the discussion

"Re: About the label "link" of the device overview"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/72541#72541

It is an HTML link field.  For example, all my devices that have a web GUI, I put in the code to open up a second web page that takes you to that GUI.  So on in my overview page for the device, a URL is named "go to the web GUI", if the user clicks on it, a new browser window opens up to the web GUI page of the device.

It greatly facilitates management of devices, my clients use the zenoss interface to get to all their gear, this way they don't need to remember DNS names or IP adressess for the gear.

Manuel

jcurry
2013-03-21 19:45:51 UTC
jcurry [http://community.zenoss.org/people/jcurry] created the discussion

"Re: About the label "link" of the device overview"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/72562#72562

If you look at the zLink property for the standard /Network/Router device class then you can see an example.
Cheers,
Jane