Monitor port 80 heartbeat, not status
xlancealot
2011-12-24 15:10:11 UTC
xlancealot [http://community.zenoss.org/people/xlancealot] created the discussion

"Monitor port 80 heartbeat, not status"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/63426#63426

ok I have 2 glassfish servers I want to monitor.  I know there's a zenpack which I need to look into for GF, but as a quick fix (not to mention I will use this for 2 custom apps), I want to tell zenoss to simply hit a public IP, custom port, if it get's a response, all is good, if not, timeout, etc. then trip an alert.

I tried using the apache one but it complains about not having the server-status, etc which makes sense, so any direction is appreciated.

2012-01-04 14:26:44 UTC

"Re: Monitor port 80 heartbeat, not status"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/63538#63538

If the ports are TCP, have you tried the built in IP service definition for that port?