custom graph defition direction needed
me2
2011-11-28 23:51:35 UTC
me2 [http://community.zenoss.org/people/me2] created the discussion

"custom graph defition direction needed"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/62871#62871

Hello,

Zenoss/SNMP newbie  here.
I installed the zenoss v3.2.1 virtual appliance. I was pleasantly suurprised with how user friendly and easy it was to install.

So now I have it installed and monitored cisco ironport appliances. It works great. Any suggestions on how to do the following would be helpful.

I need to follow cisco's instructions on how to monitor the appliance with a custom equation. I just can't figure out the custom equation piece. This is from cisco...

We currently support a SNMP MIB OID ‘cacheCpuTime (.1.3.6.1.4.1.15497.1.2.3.1.1)’. This OID represents the amount of CPU time (user time + system time) consumed by the ‘proxy’ process since its launch. You can query for the values of this OID over a given interval and divide the difference between the 2 values by the interval to get the proxy CPU utilization.i.e.

1) X1 = snmpget (cacheCpuTime)
2) Wait ‘n’ seconds
3) X2 = snmpget (cacheCpuTime)
4) Proxy CPU utilization percentage during the
‘n’ seconds = (X2 – X1)/n * 100
Because the value is measured in full seconds of CPU time, we

How would I get the above into a graph command.

Currently I have the below.

under graph definition

graph customer definitions
--------------

Available RRD Variables:
cacheCpuTime-raw
cacheCpuTime-raw-max
cacheCpuTime

Current graph commands
--------------

-F
-E
--height=100
--width=500
--vertical-label=
DEF:cacheCpuTime-raw=rrdPath/cacheCpuTime_cacheCpuTime.rrd:ds0:AVERAGE
DEF:cacheCpuTime-raw-max=rrdPath/cacheCpuTime_cacheCpuTime.rrd:ds0:MAX
CDEF:cacheCpuTime=cacheCpuTime-raw
LINE1:cacheCpuTime-raw#00cc00ff:cacheCpuTime
GPRINT:cacheCpuTime-raw:LAST:cur\:%5.2lf%s
GPRINT:cacheCpuTime-raw:AVERAGE:avg\:%5.2lf%s
GPRINT:cacheCpuTime-raw-max:MAX:max\:%5.2lf%s\j

If someone could steer me in the right direction I have no problem with trial and error or hard work. I just need a start.

If you have taken the time to read this and are now on this sentence..I thank you very much!

Peace,

Jay